SSC CGL 2022 New Exam Pattern And Changed Exam Process
SSC CGL is the most prestigious exam conducted by the Staff selection commission (SSC) for graduate level candidates for the posts of Grade ‘B’ and Grade ‘C’ officers in various ministries, departments and organisations with the government.This exam is highly competitive and 15-30 lakh students apply for it each year. From this year 2022 SSC has changed major changes in Exam Pattern and Exam Process in recent notifiation which Information has been given below-
Changes in Exam Process
The process of CGL is a long standing one and can last 2-3 years from the date of notification to the date of final marks/result declaration. But the process which has been introduced will take less time in comparison to the last SSC Exam Process.
|Release of notification/announcement||Yes|
|Start of application||Yes|
|End of application||Yes|
|Release of admit card for tier 1 examination||Yes|
|Tier 1 examination||Yes|
|Answer key of tier 1 examination available||Yes|
|Result and marks of tier 1 examination available||Yes|
|Release of admit card for tier 2 examination||Yes|
|Tier 2 examination||Yes|
|Answer key of tier 2 examination available||Yes|
|Release of admit card for tier 3 examination||No|
|Tier 3 examination||No|
|Result and marks of tier 3 examination available||No|
|Skill test exam||No|
|Final result/marks available||Yes|
Additional New Posts
|S No.||Name Of Post||Department/Ministry||Age Limit||Grade Pay||Group|
|1.||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||Department of Post, Ministry of Communication||18-27 years||2400||Group “C”|
|2.||Senior Administrative Assistant||Military Engineering Services, Ministry of Defence||18-27 years||2400||Group “C”|
Scheme and Pattern
Tier-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
Test will be conducted in online mode.
There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
Total time allowed will be 1 hour
Tier 1 will be Qualifying In Nature.
|Subject||Number of question||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- Tier-II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
Paper-I will include following three sections having two modules each-
- Module-I: Mathematical Abilities
- Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Module-I: English Language and Comprehension
- Module-II: General Awareness
- Module-I: Computer Knowledge Test
- Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test
It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Paper-I.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark (1/3rd) for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I .
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
|Paper||Session||Subject||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Time|
|1.||Session-I (2 hours and 15 Minutes)||Section-I:||1 hour (for each section) (1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)|
|Module-I: Mathematical Abilities Module||30|
|Module-II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.||30|
|Total =||60||603 = 180|
|Section-II:||1 hour (for each section) (1 hours and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)|
|Module-I: English Language and Comprehension Module||45|
|Module-II: General Awareness||25|
|Section-III:||15 Minutes (for each module) (20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe )|
|Module-I: Computer Knowledge Module||20||203 = 60|
|Session-II (15 minutes)||Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test Module||One Data Entry Task|
|2.||Statistics||100||1002 = 200||2 hour (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)|
|3.||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||100*2 = 200||2 hour (2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)|
Changes in Indicative syllabus for tier 2
Added Topic in Mathematical Abilities:
Statistics and probability
- Use of Tables and Graphs
- Frequency polygon
- Measures of central tendency
- Standard deviation
- Calculation of simple probabilities.
- Organization of a computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Input/ output devices
- Computer memory
- Memory organization
- Back- up devices
- Windows Explorer
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Windows Operating system
- Microsoft Office
- MS word
- MS Excel
- Power Point
- Web Browsing & Searching
- Downloading & Uploading
- Managing an E-mail Account
- Networking devices and protocols
- Network and information security threats (like hacking, virus, worms, Trojan etc.) and preventive measures